Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What I Have Learned (Final Reflection)

This semester I've learned how useful technology can be in a classroom if it is used correctly to enhance lessons. I've learned that too much technology can be a bad thing sometimes (especially if it distracts from learning or puts the emphasis on the technology instead of on the concepts being taught). To go along with that, I've learned that technology can be an appropriate vehicle for teaching the materials or lesson, but it shouldn't be the entire lesson or emphasis itself. I'm excited to learn more technological resources that I can use in my classroom to enhance my lessons and the concepts I teach.

I think one of the most useful technological resources that I learned how to use this semester was when I learned how to make a blog and a class website. I think in today's increasingly technological world parents will appreciate being able to monitor their student's progress through checking an online website for assignments, homework, grades, etc. Also, I think blogs are great ways for students to discuss what they have learned in class and submit informal writing assignments.

I'm glad I was able to take this class because it has made me more confident in my technological skills and also more aware of different resources available to teachers. I'm excited to start student teaching soon and put what I've learned in this class into practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment